Monday, March 20, 2006

Day Nineteen (Word Count: 27,675)

Another missed day in there. I'd have to revise the last set of statistics by adding another 3 inches of snow shoveled and another doctor's visit. And we'll be going to the doctor again tomorrow. Whatever has a hold of the boys, it does not want to let go; today was an endless parade of fever and upset stomach, broken by the boys' claiming to feel just fine. The kind of day where nothing at all gets done because you're tending to a kid every five minutes.

I realize these blog entries aren't encouraging any of my single and/or childless friends to jump onto the parenting bandwagon. It has been an ugly couple of weeks, but it's mostly better than this. I'll certainly appreciate illness-free days more now, I must say.

Spring break has not been very springy or break-y so far. Harumph.

2 comments:

Devin Parker said...

Yeah, I heard that excuse plenty of times back when the twins were infants. "Oh, no, usually they're great, it's not always as bad as this, you've just caught them at the wrong moment."

Spin me another yarn, Slusser. No, way, mister - this cool cat is enjoyin' the high life. I'm livin' childless and free! I'm contributing only a vacuum to the world! When I get senile I'll have no one to take care of me but the state! I'll be forgotten as soon as I'm buried! Woo hoo!

Christina said...

You think we're going to bury you? You better hope your wife outlives you because I'm not wasting that kind of money on you, unless I bury you in the backyard or something...

Slusser, I feel your pain. Thankfully none of my kids are sick at this moment, but that never lasts long.