Of course I didn't get more than the average done today (at least, not much more). On the more positive side, I've got something of an embryonic plot developing and the characters are taking a bit more shape.
Over the past days, I've discovered that once I've hit a groove, I can get out about 2,000 words an hour. That seems pretty good--as Baty points out, if your output remained constant each hour, you could finish the novel in less than a week. If only...
The weather here has been terrific; today, as I worked at my parents' place, the wind was roaring around the house, driving sleet and snow into the windows, and the fog rolled in and out all afternoon. Sweet. It only confirms my findings that the atmosphere can make a vast difference in my motivation and output.
It's late and there's much to do tomorrow. One day there will be an interesting post here, I promise.
1 comment:
Mike!!!
Quit apologizing for putting up uninteresting posts, and finish your dang book!
Most of us will understand if you don't wow us with your online journal this month. We're content with the "Word Count" updates.
Go, Mike, Go!
Post a Comment