Yes, it has been long and long since I posted here. I was full of shame, for I had not written for several days. I had a really long list of things to post here to explain why that was the case, but you don't have the time in your busy life for such things, nor do you have the stamina or interest to slog through them. So, the short version is this:
Number of sick kids: 3
Number of sick wives: 1
Visits to the doctor in the last week: 3
Feet of snow shoveled: 3 1/2 (5 with berms)
Hours spent shoveling, per day: 127
Number of hours per night baby is sleeping: 3
Number of hours per night parents are sleeping: 1 1/2
Hours available for writing after all else is taken care of, per day: .0046
So it's been tough. Frankly, I was expecting a beat-down from you folks when I wasn't posting--I'm relieved but also a little scared when you're not hounding me, because I tend to hide from trouble and shame when I need to face up to it like a man.
Things look to be improving this week: health is slowly creeping back into my family, and though I have much grading to finish, I have my spring break this week to try to catch up. I'm only slightly off my schedule, and getting out nearly 3,000 words today is a good feeling.
Two weeks and less than halfway to go. God provides a way.
3 comments:
I guess my question is this: is there ever a time when you people are well? It seems like every time I read your blog you've got some kind of illness...
The best writers and artists always have bazaar quirks and unexplainable illnesses, often mental in nature.
I admire your perserverence. Will the novel, when complete, be available for public comment?
If you are following the old addage that authors ought to write about what they know, am I to take it that your forthcoming work is about an insomniac snow shoveller who makes friends with three ailing children? You could have a Lemony Snicket thing going on here or something.
Post a Comment