Friday, October 14, 2005

Roll Call

Just checking in.

Didn't post last night out of sheer laziness and falling asleep. Not posting much tonight because Joanna isn't feeling well and I've been taking care of the kiddos all afternoon and evening. The baby just fell asleep fifteen minutes ago; here's praying she'll sleep a good few hours before the wake-up call.

Lots of little things buzzing around. Had to miss my class in Sun Valley because of the aforementioned illness of my spouse. That's a $200 hit--ouch. Still worth it, certainly, but we'll cry next month when the paycheck is light.

Finished my Tuesday evening class at Voicetrax; splendid evening, but I'm always sad to have no excuse to get back out there. On the plus side, I did well that night, I got to hear my one-minute "sampler" which was bizarre and gratifying to hear (I'll post more on that later), and also heard the "Desert CD," a compliation being given out to the local radio and ad agencies down that way as a sales tool for folks buying advertising. It's got the voices of a number of students doing some of the best stuff from the summer classes; I got hissed at because I am all over that thing--they actually have to cut some of my stuff out because I'm on it too often. It's nice to know that I did a lot of stuff well, though.

Okay--now to try that whole "sleep in a bed" thing I've heard so much about. Sounds a little dull, but I'll try anything once.

Well, almost anything. There are three things I won't. You'll have to guess what they are. You might be surprised...

3 comments:

Devin Parker said...

My guess is that you won't:
1. Give a homeless man a backrub.

2. Jump into a freezing cold river to save a solid gold baby.

3. "...Do that."

Of course, that means you'll do everything aside from these things, which absolutely repulses me. You, Mr. Slusser, are a disgusting little man.

Both Fex said...

Would you wear a meat hat?
http://www.hatsofmeat.com/

Devin Parker said...

So that's what Dr. Evil was talking about.