I should have left well enough alone.
After my post from yesterday, of course we got evacuated today. A couple of big fires in Lake Arrowhead and Green Valley Lake have pushed us out. The family and many of our worldly possessions are in Beaumont with Joanna's generous folks, along with our neighbors and possibly Joanna's sisters' family: it'll be a busy place (10 kids all together...).
I had just prayed last night (after my last entry) that God would help me to let go of the mundane things of this world and cling on only to Him and His greater promises—I did not expect the answer to come quite so swiftly, or in such a dramatic fashion...
Anyway, we don't have internet access from the new digs, so communication may be sporadic. Which is frustrating, because thanks to Rim of the World.net, I'm now an update junkie, and the local news still can't get any of the mountain towns straight.
In any case, we are well and we will be fine—pray for those who will suffer far more from the loss of their homes, and for all the firefighters out there. I'll update when I can.
1 comment:
We will be praying for you. So sad to see so much devastation and loss. May God restore all the good things a hundred fold, and may you release all the extraneous weight that weighs you down.
Blessings!
TM
Post a Comment