A very short entry at the moment, because I have to head out from work, but I wanted to put in an update:
On Sunday, we moved from Joanna's parents' place up to a camp owned by the parents of friends of friends (everybody has been so generous with their help for us poor refugees from the flames). It's been a bit like being on vacation, what with the bunk beds and rustificated conditions, but it's beautiful and has a lot of room for the kids to run around (plus, the boys are with some of their best friends, so they're having a ball).
Tomorrow, Lord willing, we will be allowed back on the mountain and into our home. So ideally by the weekend, we'll be approaching normal (as normal as we ever get, at any rate). I'll try to check in then.
Thank you deeply for all your prayers and offers of help. It's going to be quite a different mountain to which we return—the word is that there is no more forest behind our homes any longer, and houses both above and below us were lost.
But that must wait. Now I have to get back to the cabin, or there may be no candy for the Halloween party, and that would be Bad and Awful. Good All Hallow's Eve, all.
2 comments:
Hi everybody! Good to see that you're all safe and sound. I have to admit, the news reports about what happened in Running Springs made us fear the worst for you guys, so we're especially thankful that the casa Slusser pulled through. But we knew it was a badass little house, didn't we? As always, our home is open to poor fire refugees at any time when they need to get off the mountain, say for a nice glass of wine or something :)
Cheers,
John and Madeleine
BTW, we still have a bunch of hotwheels the boys left down here the last time they came over. Come and get them or I will give them to the squirrels.
Michael;
glad to see your home survived and hoping all is well with you moving back in.
TM
Post a Comment