Saturday, November 19, 2005

Secrets and Lies

I was about to shut down the computer when I remembered I hadn't posted here yet.

I've been busy working on yet another secret project. I'm excited about this one and I only hope I can do it justice before it's seen by the world. It's not a commercial venture and it's not a surprise murder party, but that's all I'll say. You'll just have to wait to find out what it is--it'll be revealed before the end of the year. Most of the readers here will probably end up seeing it in some form, but for now you'll simply have to wonder. Is it a miraculous steam-powered device that could save the average housewife hours of housework every day? Is it a revolutionary formula that can transform ennui into bitter hatred? Is it a mathematical equation that proves that squirrels are descended from tractor belts? Is it a dreadful engine that can subvert the emotions of my enemies?

Probably not. But you never know.

In other news, tomorrow we take both boys to the dentist, a prospect I do not relish. Nathaniel will get checked out for the first time; Caleb will have to get two cavities filled. I don't know how they handle that with kids, but if it's anything like the way they handle it with adults, I'm terrified of what's going to happen. I'm rather hoping there's some simpler way to deal with such things in baby teeth; after all, the things only have to last another year or two anyway. We'll also have to see if he keeps the front tooth that started this whole chain of events--it's still loose and slightly discolored, but we have our hopes it's just bruised. (Yes, I know the idea of a "bruised tooth" sounds insane, but something similar happened to the child of some friends, and that's what the dentist told them. The discoloration cleared up on its own and the tooth re-rooted, essentially. It's a crazy world.)

If we survive that, it looks like relatively smooth sailing until Thanksgiving. Watch this space for further fascinating maxillofacial updates.

No comments: