Bugger.
I was just approaching the end of a charming, lyrical, nigh transcendent post here. It would have made your heart strain to encompass all of creation, you would have been personally fulfilled and realized your ultimate purpose in life, your acne would clear up and your teeth would be whiter than white, and you would have touched the mind of God.
But my computer died.
My fault, really. I was watching the end of Law and Order: SVU and failed to notice the little "your battery is dying, moron" notice on the screen. The stories of the police who investigate crimes and the attorneys who prosecute the offenders were just too engrossing. Curse you, Dick Wolf, and the mental viral strain of your television crime dramas!
So just imagine that the post I created moved you deeply and changed your life forever. It'll be easier in the long run than me trying to recreate that little literary slice of nirvana before I go to bed. Actually, it wasn't really that great, probably, but I don't have the mental energy to do it again. I'll take a crack at it tomorrow.
In the meantime, what's up with me? Glad you asked. Not a lot, actually. School is continuing, and I find it harder every semester to be invested. I'm distracted. I've missed two meetings this week so far, and not intentionally, which is why I usually miss meetings. I just plum forgot. My brain has been elsewhere, on what classic American novels need my dulcet tones to bring them to life, or what fantasy novel I really ought to write, or... well, what to write here.
This blog has become quite important to me these days. I spend a chunk of time each day thinking on what to throw up here and an even larger chunk doing the actual throwing. I've not been so regular on anything for a good while, and it's a happy thing to actually look forward to doing this each day. The execution can be difficult, but I'm actually enjoying it.
Have I said all this before? I have a feeling that I have, but I can't be bothered to check. Enough of this for now--have a fine day and may you find a bag of free money and may little elves sing you to your rest. You deserve it.
3 comments:
I - I - wow... I never thought of it like that. That (almost) post (nearly) changed my life. I'll never, ever look at life the same way again.
Also, I'm sorry you're not regular. I hate it when that happens.
And don't take crack; It's bad for you.
Melissa had the SVU episode on last night. I was vaguely aware of it while I practicd guitar. It did seem creepy.
See, that's why we here in the Parker-Dake Household o' Love (TM) don't have TV. It distracts you from your other obsess... er... interests. ;)
(Actually, it's mainly due to the fact that the "Dake" half of the PDHoL is a cheap SOB. *grin*)
Post a Comment