Still working on that ol' grading. I'll have to give some thoughts to Ornery's Wife's question from my last post. It's a toughie.
Meanwhile, because Eowyn posted a song on her blog, I thought I'd do the same here. Behold the delight that is "The Future Soon," by Jonathan Coulton as posted on YouTube and animated using World of Warcraft machinima by Spiffworld:
This was far too close to many of my junior high fantasies. Oh, if only Amy Farrell could have known all that I had planned, maybe she wouldn't have been so cruel...
I was put onto these videos by Frodo; if you enjoyed that, make sure to check out some of his others. I particularly recommend "Skullcrusher Mountain", "re: Your Brains", "Creepy Doll", and "Chiron Beta Prime". Great stuff.
Also, thought they're odd and disturbing, I can't help laughing at the entire series of videos under the title of The Potter Puppet Pals, which I was introduced to via this strange video:
There are several more, all of which are well worth wasting your time on.
But enough of time wasting for me! Back to grading!
7 comments:
I've had the privilege of seeing the Harry Potter video.... too funny!
... yet odd
Corrina is lying! When I showed that Potter Puppet Pals video to her and Liann last fall, they both thought I had lost my mind. I thought it was hilarious!
So is the sped up version...hee hee hee.
I am not lying!
This video was totally weird!! But, I am very accepting of my friends who like to send weird things my way.... so I accepted it, and it grew on me.
Now I think it is funny! PLUS weird!
Highly amusing videos! But somehow scary thinking someone spent a considerable amount of time and energy creating them.
Mike--are you talking about the famous (or infamous) Amy F? Even I've heard of her, through Chris I believe. She really broke some hearts.
Oh yeah, everybody was in love with Amy. And speaking of reminiscing about the early 90s, everybody also knows that Jonathan Coulton's greatest hit is this
Indeed, though there is some confusion because of two Amys. Amy Farrell was the object of adoration for some segment of us—those of us who liked those 80's velvet ankle boots and sweetness. There was also Amy Fehrs, who was dark and dangerous and drove men like Chris Avila to distraction. Also, she was my girlfriend for a week in 3rd grade. (Take that, Avila!)
Well, you didn't have to take SO much time thinking about my comment that you didn't ever post again! :-)
TM
Post a Comment