Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Providing a Distraction

WHAT IN THE WORLD CAN THAT BE?!!???!?

Did you look the other way and completely fail to notice that this is not an actual blog post?

No?

Darn.

In truth, I did have plans to put up a substantial post (mainly to avoid a right royal humiliating from Slater), but I got caught up on an ongoing discussion/debate/saga over at Devin's Mystery Cycles. Click over there and the headline of the latest post (from January 6th) should clue you in as to why it's raised such a ruckus. The good news is that it has instigated a great deal of discussion about some core issues, so be sure to give yourself a few hours and chew through all the comments. My last (and, to date, only substantial) one was something on the order of six pages long.

I submit that in lieu of content here. I've got to get some sleep 'cause I'm all emotionally worn out.

ps--If you think about it carefully, this really is a blog post. It's kind of like that famous painting of a pipe that underneath says, "This is not a pipe."

I just blew your mind, man.

4 comments:

Silverstah said...

This is not a pipe.

Deep, man, deep. ;)

The Devin Saga has been terribly interesting to follow. Wish I could chime in, since I agree with some of what's said, and I disagree with other points. And I haven't taken part in a good old-fashioned debate like that in ages. ;) Unfortunately, Business Law is currently taking up all my writing time.

Bah. Stoopid businesses and their laws. ;)

Chris said...

They should make a law against businesses having laws.

That'd be awesome.

Silverstah said...

Wouldn't that be awesome?

If there was such a law, then I could participate in the Ginormous MysteryCycle Extravaganza. ;)

Instead, I get to write essays about Agency agreements.

Oh, rapture!

Devin Parker said...

Yeah, but the end result is that you will totally kick my butt in Agency agreement discussions. You'd outline your statement, and I'd be, like, "Whoa, what just happened to me? Why am I sitting out in this road with no clothes on?"

Well, the psychological version of that feeling, anyway.