Some things seem to be looking up.
1) Joanna had a long meeting with Tony and our neighbor Father John this morning (I was off taking the boys to a birthday party--Thomas was in evidence; fun was had). They straightened a lot of things out, actually. Tony provided documentation for a lot of his work and they hashed out some of their disagreements. Currently he's continuing construction as it looks like he has a right to and our concerns were heard. It appears that we're going to end up with Tony for a neighbor no matter what, so at least it's good to be on somewhat agreeable terms with him.
2) I'm currently posting this using our fancy new DSL line. Granted, it's "slow" DSL--having no idea what DSL is in the first place, I don't know what that means except that it's not as fast as it could be--but it's worlds better than the dial-up we've always used. It was a good deal through our phone company and it was needed; I tried sending off an mp3 file last week about 1 minute long and it took nearly fifteen minutes to go through. Those are nervewracking minutes. And now I don't have to feel guilty about being online since the phone line is now free. The only catch so far is that the little old laptop we used to use for e-mail isn't advanced enough to take advantage of the DSL, so we'll have to figure out if we can get a network card or some such to make it work.
3) My cold is still hanging on a bit, so I've not been able to record the stuff I want to--here's hoping for tomorrow night. However, Pat (my mentor in the whole audio book process) has been in contact, and you can get a bit of a suggestion about what I'm up to by looking here.
So I'm famous in a very, very tiny way. Huzzah!
No comments:
Post a Comment