Sunday, January 02, 2005

In Reference to Resolutions

I found the following PvP comic far too apropos to the last topic to pass up:

PvP for 1/1/05

PvP--a comic revolving around the staff of a gaming magazine ("PvP" stands for "player vs. player," which I didn't know, either, until I read the comic)--is the only online comic I check out regularly. I'm certain there are many more deserving comics out there, but I don't really need more sites into which to get sucked. It's usually fun and sometimes great. Scott Kurtz, the artist, has some odd opinions and seems to be the focus of more than a few debates. Currently, he's offering his online comic free to traditional press papers in exchange for retaining the licensing rights--a very different system than the comics syndicates currently follow and one that has a lot of comic strippers up in arms. No, really.

In any case, take his views with a grain of salt, but the comic is worth checking out, especially if you're a roleplaying or computer game geek.

1 comment:

Silverstah said...

I know you probally don't want to get addicted to any more webcomics... but I thought I'd plug a few of my favorites:

Dork Tower. Hands down, the funniest webcomic (and comic book!) I've ever read. John Kovalic is a brilliant artist, and has a very witty sense of humor. :) http://archive.gamespy.com/comics/dorktower/

Queen of Wands. http://www.queenofwands.net/. Funny stuff. :)