"He is trying to play the Almighty by pointing down from the sky at this ant farm and choosing the next human sacrifice."Where does an ant farm come up with human sacrifices? You can begin to get a glimmer of what the student was after, but the confusion is rife. And then this, from later in the same paper:
"He took one taste of Pandora's Box and will not let go."Does this student have any idea of what Pandora's Box was, and that one would most likely not want to lick it? Again, the very attempt should tell you that this was an honors student's work, but it's just not working. I think overall this is honors class is struggling more than any I've had before.
I don't have much else to report: after grading and chasing children and reading the sad stories from the blogs of others, I've not been doing much of interest. Yesterday we put up some solar lights in the yard, and we've been seeing far more birds at our new bird feeders, which we have been identifying as we can. Spiritual things are bubbling along, and I have some new ideas for the writing that I have yet to have time to get to lately.
Um... The weather's nicer today... I saw a dog once... Uh...
Okay. I'm going now. I'll check back in tomorrow to talk about doing some laundry and filling up the car with gas. I know it will be hard to wait for that.
3 comments:
*giggle, giggle, snort* I totally got the image of someone licking Pandora's Box...hahaha! I sympathize with you on the pain, and it makes me wonder if having older students is really better or not...heh...Just kidding, the first graders are driving me nuts, I'd gladly trade it in for the painful metaphors you relay here. Thank you for sharing the laughs.
LOL I hate to admit, but I could totally follow along with the first example, which made perfect sense to me--well except for I can't picture the Almighty being too interested in an ant farm.
I sense a little disdain for those mundane daily-report blogs! There is much to be grateful for when we read about the simple pleasures in each other's lives. I love reading about them--they are different in California than in Florida or in Arizona or Oklahoma. Thank the Lord that we don't always have exciting things to report. That could be exhausting!
Blessings!
TM
I'm back. I actually came by because I have something for you at Miller Manor. Today is my blogoversary and I am having a little celebration. I know you don't decorate your side bar with a lot of bling, but I have one for you if you want it. Your comments on other people's blogs were what drew me in. I am most honored to have "met" you all, especially your sweet sister. What a treasure.
Blessings!
TM
Post a Comment