Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Madness

I am sunk deep into the mire of grading. I could complain about this at length, but you've read that already if you've read this blog at all.

I don't have time to elaborate at great length here (you know—'cause of the grading), but let us say that my inability to grade in a timely manner is the bane of my work. I'm anal-retentive as it is, and trying to walk away from a paper without thoroughly marking it up is a pain. Yet that takes so darn long that I get behind and suffer great pangs of guilt for being so slow. And I do so resent the time I have to put into it.

But that's my problem, I think. I always see it as such a burden and such a drudgery. It's never going to be a joy, but until I can approach it as a challenge and a duty, I'm always going to resent it—so I'll keep putting it off and keep stalling and keep loathing it.

I don't think I'm meant to teach forever, but I think I need to learn to do it well now. For a lot of reasons.

So that's what I'll be doing for a while here. Maybe next time there will be something interesting to read about. No promises, though.

1 comment:

Silverstah said...

Yuck - I think grading would drive me insane.

In answer to your question - I got the treadmill through Craigslist. The closest one to you is here:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/spo/

There dosen't seem to be a lot of listings for the mountains/San Bernandino, but it wouldn't hurt to look. :)