As per agreement, I hereby post the following and invite all who dare to take the challenge and, as I believe the young kids say, "get all up in my face." C'mon--you know you want to.
1. Who are you?
2. Are we friends?
3. When and how did we meet?
4. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
5. Describe me in one word.
6. What was your first impression?
7. Do you still think that way about me now?
8. What reminds you of me?
9. If you could give me anything what would it be?
10. How well do you know me?
11. When's the last time you saw me?
12. Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?
13. Are you going to put this on your blog and see what I say about you?
7 comments:
1. One of your best friends' little sister
2. I think that now that we're all grown up and such, yes, we're friends. Obviously not on the level you are with my brother, but yes.
3. I don't even know. You and Devin probably became friends through boy scouts or school or something, in which case I would have been pretty young. I was at least in early elementary school at the oldest. I would have met you sometime you came over to the house or some boy scout function or something, and you were probably either ignoring me or picking on me...lol
4. He Who Is Not To Be Named. I don't think I really have to explain that one! Haha.
5. Again, it's so difficult to pick one word to either sum someone up or focus on only part of who they are. I will say Changed, because of the nature of our relationship and how it's changed as we've both changed and matured.
6. If I don't even remember when we met, I don't think I'll remember a first impression. Plus, at that young of an age, I don't think you really have conscious first impressions. You were my brother's friend *shrug* I was probably fooled by first impressions and thought you were nice *grin*
7. Over the years, you've picked on me, tried to make me cry, and then been nice to me at camp, and in the last year been incredibly supportive and kind to me. So I would say that now I do still think you're nice, but there's a lot of depth and difference in it. I respect you as an intelligent man, a good friend, a great father, and a kind and thoughtful Christian who reaches out to those you can touch. Well, at least to me anyway, but I like to think I'm not the only one :)
8. Wow. Ummm, a lot of things, due to how long I've known you. Two things come to mind: my daughter's little Beanie Baby cat because I still have a picture of you wearing a gutted stuffed kitten on your head (oh yes, I remember it clearly), and I would say that little fishing game that your boys have because of the constant melody that we all enjoyed from my last visit with your family despite our desperate attempts to turn it off without the kids noticing...they always noticed.
9. I feel bad for not having a better answer for this one on the mistress' blog, so I need to come up with a better one here. If I had the power to give you anything, I'd give you what I know you, your wife and I all wish we had. The wisdom and all-knowingness to know exactly how to handle everything with your kids, to know the absolute perfect thing to do in every given situation. Wouldn't that make life easier??
10. For how long I've known you, others might be surprised when I say that I really don't know you very well. I know what you're like, I know you in some ways, but I don't know your stories, your experiences, your feelings. We just haven't had that kind of a relationship, understandably so.
11. Over the Christmas break, the last week of December.
12. I can't think of anything. I'm sure there have been several times in my life I've wanted to tell you something but it probably wasn't very nice. Something that was nice was my first year of Teen Camp. Devin wasn't able to go, and with the move up to Teen Camp, I was the youngest, was adjusting to the differences between Kids Kamp and Teen Camp, and didn't really know anyone. You and Chris let me bug you from time to time, and even told me one night that you guys were my friends too and that you were there for me. I still remember that to this day, and still think it was just as sweet as I did at the time.
13. Already did it.
Now, in my defense, I think that your childhood memories are skewed. I was the one trying to defend you; it was your brothers who thought picking on you was endlessly amusing. I clearly recall a day when you had closed yourself in your room and were highly upset every time the door was opened, which Devin continued to do just so we could hear the cry of "Stop it!"
...
Okay, so maybe I wasn't trying as hard as I could have. Or much at all, even. But like all weak-willed folk, my excuse is that at least I wasn't the instigator...
Very kind. Joanna and I always hoped that you actually kind of liked us.
Um... Your comment about Kristen worries me. Terrifies me, actually. I hereby disavow any knowledge of what, precisely, that comment means, 'cause I don't even know what she's referring to.
Um... Your comment about Kristen worries me. Terrifies me, actually. I hereby disavow any knowledge of what, precisely, that comment means, 'cause I don't even know what she's referring to.Girl Talk is the best kind of talk in the whole wide world. Although I know nothing about what M. commented upon... you'd be surprised at what we girls know about each other.
Not that we'd ever tell you that, of course. ;)
Argh! It is a conspiracy! I knew it! I've been saying that for years!
Seriously, though, I'm not throwing up defenses--I just honestly don't know to what Kristen is referring. I'd actually kind of like to know...
1. Captain Dan
2. Yep
3. Well... I actually met you sometime way back, like in Cub Scouts or baseball. I started hanging out with you in junior high. Chris sort of introduced us, I think.
4. The Monkey King (ruler of the little monkeys). Or maybe Grand Master of Words. Hm... Give me some time. I'll think of something better.
5. I can't think of one word to describe someone who is thoughtful, very deep and at times very compassionate, but often worries too much over little things. Maybe you can help me out with that, oh Grand Master of Words.
6. You were silly.
7. You're far more serious than you used to be. Or perhaps I've just come to know you better, and to realize that there's a lot more depth to you. It's probably a bit of both. And you can still be silly at times, which is great, too.
8. Various role-playing games- especially Earthdawn and Shadowrun; The little town of Twin Peaks; Old-school protestantism, for some reason (Luther and Calvin); Monkeys.
9. A job that would make you happy (if such a thing exists). Greater faith and a greater sense of inner peace.
10. We've come to know each other pretty well since our stay together in Twin Peaks, I think. There's still quite a bit for me to learn about you, I'm sure, and I look forward to the times I get to hang out with you, and discover more about you.
It's obvious there are some things about you I have no clue about. The thing Marilyn mentioned, for example...
Of course, it sounds like you know nothing about that either.
11. Oh. It's been too long. Was it during the summer?
12. There were things I couldn't tell you. But then, I didn't want to tell you about them either.
13. No
1. Who are you?
Yer Pal, Chris
2. Are we friends?
So they say, Trebeck.... so they say.
3. When and how did we meet?
Boy Scouts?
4. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
Li'l Stinky. Mostly to annoy you. And it sounded kinda funny. And I think I remember some joke about "This is Stinky, and this is Li'l Stinky." Heh. "Li'l" is a funny word.
5. Describe me in one word.
Androgenous. Okay, not really. But that's a funny word too isn't it?
6. What was your first impression?
No idea.
7. Do you still think that way about me now?
Yes.
8. What reminds you of me?
Sheesh. A million things. Lots more than you would think.
9. If you could give me anything what would it be?
More.
10. How well do you know me?
We lived together for a year. So I know about your "condition". Eew.
11. When's the last time you saw me?
A while back.
12. Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?
Yes. No. Yes. Okay... Well there was this copy machine and this... um.... oh. No sorry. I can't.
13. Are you going to put this on your blog and see what I say about you?
Um... No. Well okay maybe if I get a blog and you promise to tell me about Kristen in question 12.
Post a Comment